It’s that time of year when “pumpkin” everything starts to occupy our minds and occupy the flavors of nearly everything on the shelves at the grocery store. Though some tasty treats are always fun in pumpkin flavor, we thought you might like a lighter taste of this seasonal favorite. Make them to tame a sweet tooth or make them for a power snack, either way, these pumpkin spice energy bites will have you covered.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
How to Make It
Stir together oats, flaxseed, salt, all of the spices, and pecans.
Stir honey, almond butter, and vanilla extract together. Mix with oat mixture until fully combined.
Stir canned pumpkin and crystallized ginger with oat and nut butter mixture until fully combined.
Using your hands* or a tablespoon measurer, form balls with the oat and pumpkin mixture. Let these sit in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm. Store the energy bites in your fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
*If you use your hands, wet them first to prevent any of the mixture from sticking.
recipe credit: www.cookinglight.com