Even Cheerios is on the pumpkin bandwagon so it’s only appropriate we pay homage to pumpkin recipes everywhere! This one is simply delish and brought to you by cakescottage.com. Props go out to this recipe and it’s creator. Y-u-m!
Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes
- For the donuts:
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Sift flour into medium mixing bowl, add in baking powder, salt, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate large bowl, scoop in the pumpkin puree and mix in brown sugar.
- Mix in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and add an egg. Pour in milk, and mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Scoop the batter into a 24-cup mini muffin pan, about ¾ full each cup, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and allow to cool just enough to handle.
- Place melted butter in one bowl and the sugar and cinnamon in another.
- Dip the donuts into the melted butter, and coat, coat, coat in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve warm, and enjoy
Recipe credit http://cakescottage.com/2016/09/07/baked-pumpkin-donut-holes/