It seems appropriate to share something pink this month. It also seem appropriate to share this copycat recipe of a drink that we all seem to luv! “Pink Drink”…why is it so good? Well, when you want a treat and want to try to make this all on your own…here is a copycat recipe from sugarandsoul.com
- Acai Berry Tea
- Coconut Milk
- White Grape Juice
- Simple Syrup
- Freeze-dried Strawberries
This is a really easy drink to make but it will take a bit of extra time because the tea needs to steep (just 5 minutes).
If you plan on making a lot of pink drinks, I recommend making a large batch of tea and keeping it in the fridge to use as needed.
Once you’ve steeped your tea bags, you’ll combine the tea, coconut milk, grape juice, simple syrup, ice, and freeze-dried strawberries in a cocktail shaker and shake.
Pour into a large glass and enjoy right away!
LUV these helpful hints she gives on her website as well!
- You could also use Starbucks VIA Berry Hibiscus Refresher mix instead of the tea. You could also use Passion Tango tea. It’s not the same as the Strawberry Acai at Starbucks but it is a nice substitute.
- You can skip the simple syrup if you’re trying to cut down on sugar.
- I like to slightly crush some of my freeze-dried strawberries to give more color and flavor to the drink.
- If you steep tea too long than the flavor can change and the tea could taste bitter instead of fruity, so make sure you remove the bags at the 5-minute mark.
- One thing to note about this is the calories. Generally, a grande (16 oz.) pink drink has 140 calories in it, but that’s because when you order it, you’re getting half ice.
- This recipe actually makes 16 ounces of liquid drink and the ice is added on top of it.
- The nutritional information also doesn’t include consuming the freeze-dried strawberries.